Seeking out the freshest links so you don't have to–don't change the channel, here are some Odds & Ends:
- Mark Bowman at MLB.com gives an extensive look at the Braves' situation, wondering if GM Frank Wren will be a buyer or a seller.
- The AP talked to White Sox GM Kenny Williams, fresh off his recent deal for Tony Pena, who says that low attendance numbers could affect the team's ability to make a big splash at the deadline.
- Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com examines the Indians' return for C.C. Sabathia and wonders if it was enough.
- Ryan Divish at the Tacoma News-Tribune talks Jarrod Washburn, who is doing wonders for his trade value this season.
- Tom Haudricourt at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says Ryan Braun finished talking with Doug Melvin, and the controversy over Braun's comments about the team needing a pitcher seem to be behind them.
- Jon Heyman at SI tweets that the Diamondbacks could envision newly-acquired Brandon Allen as their starting first baseman next season.
- Jim Callis at Baseball America examines recent draft pick signings and notes that only two have been above slot, and barely.
- Thomas Boswell at the Washington Post thinks the Nationals are due for a major overhaul.