More links for the early afternoon…
- ESPN.com's Keith Law argues there's no reason for the Royals to consider extending GM Dayton Moore now. It could impede them in the future, and they're in no apparent danger of losing him to a rival club.
- Author Erin Arvedlund told Ben Klayman of Reuters that the Wilpon family will be forced to sell the Mets.
- The Mets, however, say the author's claim is "false and irrespopnsible," according to Jon Heyman of SI.com.
- EPSN.com's Rob Neyer says MLB should change its draft if it makes sense to do so, but not just to make people feel better.
- Jason Marquis' team has made the playoffs every year of his decade-long career, as Tim Kurkjian of ESPN.com notes. Marquis is in the midst of a career year and about to hit the free agent market this offseason.