Some more links as we unwind from yesterday:
- Bob Ryan at the Boston Globe doesn't like the trade deadline, as he thinks it creates an unfair market for richer teams.
- Aaron Rowand is comfortable with the Giants' additions and thinks the lineup can lead to a playoff appearance, reports Andrew Baggarly at the San Jose Mercury-News.
- Lynn Henning at the Detroit News says that the Tigers still have much on their to-do list after acquiring Jarrod Washburn, which would include plugging in some "muscle" into their batting order.
- Kevin Kaduk at Yahoo Sports wonders what the Indians should do with their two planned Victor Martinez stadium giveaways now that he's a goner.
- The Orioles mostly held on to their veteran free-agents-to-be at the deadline, notes Spencer Fordin at MLB.com.
- Adam McCalvy at MLB.com has more on the three-team trade that fell through yesterday, where the Brewers would have acquired a pitcher. One clue to the unnamed pitcher: He reportedly would not have been able to start for the Brewers today.