Lots of ink and keystrokes are being spent on analyzing yesterday's big deals. Here are a few, with more to be added on throughout the day:
- The Peavy deal, despite its earlier iteration in May, came "out of nowhere," says Scott Miller at CBS Sports. A rival executive says that White Sox GM Kenny Williams has "the biggest balls in sports," according to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, who calls it one of his "all-time favorite" trades. Both of these stories, though similar, are good reads.
- Jayson Stark at ESPN lays out his top winners and losers at the deadline.
- South Side Sox notes that since the Peavy deal had the future in mind as well as the present, they "can't complain in the slightest" about the trade.
- Keith Law at ESPN thinks the Jays came out "extremely well" in the Scott Rolen deal. He also likes the versatility now afforded to the Red Sox in acquiring Victor Martinez.
- Rob McQuown at Baseball Prospectus says that in the Rolen deal, "Walt Jocketty undersold his assets. Badly."