Would you like to join the MLB Trade Rumors team? We are looking to add a couple of writers. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
- Strong evening availability – typically 5-10pm CST shifts. Weekday daytime availability is a plus.
- Knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias toward your favorite. Knowledge of basic hot stove concepts, arbitration for example.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. I want the best of both worlds, as you have to be able to do this very quickly after the source article is published. It's preferred that you add value to the article with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Attention to detail – absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone. Also it is important to avoid duplicating content previously covered on the site and avoid posting about topics MLBTR does not cover.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
- Blogging experience is preferred. We use TypePad, which is easy to use if you have blogged before.
- You have to be able to put up with me, responding to constructive criticism and digesting the MLBTR instruction document quickly.
- If you're interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your qualifications. Also, within the body of your email (not as an attachment) write one sample, fictional MLBTR post using real players. For this sample post, come up with something that could actually happen.
- Please don't send anything to my other email address. Usually we receive a few hundred inquiries, so unfortunately I cannot reply to all or even most. Thanks.