The hot stove season won't really pick up until next month, but we can still expect some developments soon if last year is any indication. Here's a look at what happened last year between mid-October and the end of the World Series:
- We heard about possible blockbusters, some of which happened (Matt Holliday) and some of which didn't (Prince Fielder, Magglio Ordonez).
- This year's equivalents: Fielder, Felix Hernandez, Roy Halladay and others.
- We saw teams make minor additions. For example, the White Sox signed Jayson Nix.
- The Angels picked up options on Vladimir Guerrero and John Lackey.
- Victor Martinez and Carl Crawford are among the players whose 2010 options may be picked up soon.
- Players and teams began hinting at possible matches. A.J. Burnett's agent hinted that the righty would consider joining the Yankees and the Mets' interest in Francisco Rodriguez surfaced.
- Nick Markakis began discussing an extension with the O's. Could we see the Twins start extension talks with Joe Mauer this month?