On this date 31 years ago, Red Sox free agent pitcher Luis Tiant signed a two-year, $875K contract with the Yankees. After eight seasons and 122 wins with Boston, Tiant would go 21-17 with the Yankees before finishing his career with the Pirates and Angels. With this year's free agents looking for new homes, let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- UmpBump attempts to determine how much Chone Figgins is worth.
- The Phrontiersman warns that giving up Cole Hamels is too much for Roy Halladay.
- We Should Be GMs analyzes the Phillies roster and suggests some names to fill the holes.
- Camden Crazies looks at what Dan Uggla would mean for the O's and what he might cost.
- Twins Overlook looks back at the Johan Santana trade and compares the pieces that are left and what the Twins could have gotten from the Red Sox or Yankees.
- Nick's Twins Blog thinks Adrian Beltre is the missing piece to the Twins infield.
- Dock of the Rays likes the idea of swapping Pat Burrell for Milton Bradley and wonders if throwing in Andy Sonnanstine can entice the Cubs to add more money.
- Feeling Dodgers Blue says L.A. needs two pitchers and breaks down the pros and cons of the available talent.
- Dodgers Rumors feels Brandon Phillips would fit nicely at second base for the Dodgers.
- Blogging Mets breaks down the Mets' needs and is not very optimistic.
- The Pinstriper projects the Yankees 25-man roster for next season.
Cork Gaines writes for RaysIndex.com. If you have a suggestion for this feature, Cork can be reached here, and followed on Twitter here.