Let's round up a few more links in a busy day of rumors….
- John Smoltz wants to pitch next year, according to this tweet from ESPN.com's Peter Gammons.
- The Mets will ask the Blue Jays about the price for Roy Halladay, as they did this summer, according to Newsday's Ken Davidoff.
- As Chad Jennings of the Journal News reports, Andy Pettitte isn't likely to return to the Astros.
- We knew Matt Capps could be a trade chip for the Pittsburgh Pirates this offseason. According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates offered Capps to the Milwaukee Brewers for J.J. Hardy.
- Many expect Matt Holliday to end up in New York in 2010, but both the Mets and Yankees are downplaying their interest in the outfielder, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.
- Sherman also writes that if Jason Varitek doesn't exercise his player option, the Mets could be interested in the 37-year-old.
- MLB.com's Mychael Urban agrees with Tim: Miguel Tejada fits in Oakland.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star notes (via Twitter) that the Royals' payroll reached $82MM this past season.