Links for Friday night, as Roy Oswalt and Mat Latos duel in San Diego….
- Joe Torre tells MLB.com's Ken Gurnick that he and GM Ned Colletti have discussed potential moves for the Dodgers.
- Jerry Manuel wouldn't mind seeing the Mets acquire a starting pitcher, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.
- Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun provides his take on a few Orioles-related news stories, including who he thinks their next manager will be.
- Former Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi appeared on WEEI's Big Show and addressed how he thinks Theo Epstein will approach the trade deadline. Jay Asser has the transcript of the discussion at WEEI.com.
- A person "close to Cliff Lee" denies that the left-hander suggested he may have pitched his last game as a Mariner, writes Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Sirius XM's Jim Duquette reported Lee's alleged comments yesterday (via Twitter).
- Livan Hernandez is excited about the Nationals signing his half-brother as a reliever, writes MASN's Ben Goessling.
JP Riccardi’s comments are worthless.
Torre and Ned talked—Where’s the money going to come from?
Great to see an Orlando signing… I always enjoyed when he would break out the 58 MPH curve, hopefully he makes it back to the show this season!
Mat Latos is nails period!
what is the big deal about Lee? I bet you he is thinking after every start COULD be his last, because you would think pretty soon it is.
He has no control over whether or not he gets traded.
he probably said this could be his last one and a reporter heard him say it, twisted the words to ‘he thinks it is’… and you have yourself a headline
personally id rather see the mets go after oswalt now, and lee in the off-season…their ability to absorb oswalt’s salary can make up for having to give up too many prospects…and the difference between oswalt / lee is not enough to justify giving up a top prospect for someone who can still shut down bats in the nl east anyway…oswalt would go from a hitters ballpark…to a pitchers ballpark…oswalt would go from a team that plays average to poor defense..to a team that plays good defense…then if they can shed some salary in the off-season…they can realistically make a play at lee anyway..
a rotation of santana/oswalt/pelfrey/niese/dickey is enough to win the division….
a rotation in 2011 of santana/oswalt/lee/pelfrey/niese is just ridiculous