Two years ago today, the final piece of Shea Stadium was demolished. The Mets called the ballpark home from 1964, the team's third year of existence, through 2008. Shea housed the World Champion Mets in 1969 and 1986, and at one time or another was inhabited by the Yankees (1974-1975), the New York Jets (1967-1983), and Pope John Paul II (Oct. 1979).
Here is the best the blogosphere had to offer over the last week…
- Bugs and Cranks interviewed Jamie Moyer.
- Phoul Ballz spoke to Nick Hernandez, the Brewers first round pick in 1978, about his son Nick, a Phillies prospect.
- Beyond The Box Score interviewed Baseball America's Conor Glassey about this summer's amateur draft.
- Bless You Boys posted an honest reaction to Miguel Cabrera's poor decisions.
- River Ave. Blues remembers the Gary Sheffield era in the Bronx.
- Royals Review explores the success and failure rates of Baseball America's top 100 prospects through the years.
- Camden Crazies looks at how much the AL East hurts the Orioles.
- South Side Sox wonders if Paul Konerko can do it again.
- Pirates Prospects tries to figure out what Paul Maholm is worth.
- Nick's Twins Blog explores Minnesota's backup plan for Justin Morneau, who is coming back from a concussion.
- The Friarhood breaks down the Padres' rebuilt bullpen.
- The Baseball Opinion looks back at the trade that sent Tim Hudson to the Braves.
- Mariner Log does the same with the deal that sent Cliff Lee to the Rangers.
- The Process Report wonders if Brandon Allen is of interest to the Rays.
- Rays The Roof grades Tampa Bay's offseason.
- Cracked Bell Sports ranks the ten best moves the Phillies never made.
- D'Backs Central muses about Arizona's reported interest in Michael Young.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog sifts through the Spring Training noise.
- Yankeeist provides a 110-year retrospective on Yankees Spring Training.
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness needs some help figuring out what kind of games are being played in the Dodgers bullpen.
- Wahoo Blues has some fun and compares current Indians players to characters from Major League.
- Midwest Sports Fans shows you a recent conversation between Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez.
- Last, but certainly not least, DRays Bay lets you choose your own adventure on Joe Maddon's big night.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.