Some links to sift through on a slow Sunday evening…
- Kevin Millwood is working out and throwing simulated games at agent Scott Boras' training facility according to MLB.com's Peter Gammons (on Twitter). He says the righty is "waiting for the right widespread panic," similar to Kyle Lohse prior to the 2008 season. Earlier today we learned that Millwood rejected a minor league offer from the Yankees.
- Rafael Furcal isn't thinking about the $12MM option in his contract, writes Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times. Yesterday we found out that the option can automatically vest with 600 plate appearances this season.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tells the story of Ryan Drese, who is attempting a comeback with the Orioles this year.
- Having embraced his role as a backup, Jason Varitek wants to play into his 40s, writes MLB.com's Ian Browne. Varitek will turn 39 on April 11 this season.
- If Michael Young had to choose a villain in the ongoing saga of his trade request, it's best that he chose Jon Daniels, writes Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.
- Jon Paul Morosi takes a look at the communication issues that led us to where we stand now in regards to the Young situation.
- This will be Dustin McGowan's last attempt at a comeback, writes John Lott of the Ottawa Citizen. McGowan has undergone two shoulder surgeries and a knee surgery since 2008, and says he won't endure another shoulder surgery if the injury barks up again.