The latest on Baltimore's search for a new GM:
- The Orioles could interview one more candidate and probably won't conduct a second round of interviews, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun (Twitter links). If the Orioles conduct another interview, it would probably take place early next week.
- Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun weighs in, pointing out that Dipoto wasn't necessarily Baltimore's preferred candidate.
- De Jon Watson has met with the Orioles three times and had dinner with manager Buck Showalter on Wednesday, according to Yahoo's Tim Brown (on Twitter).
- The Orioles are "very likely" to hire Tony LaCava for their general manager job, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter). The Angels are about to hire Jerry Dipoto, one of Baltimore's four candidates, as their next GM. This leaves LaCava, De Jon Watson of the Dodgers and John Stockstill of the Orioles in the mix for the Baltimore job.
- LaCava is Toronto's vice president of baseball operations and assistant General Manager. He oversees player development and Latin American operations for the Blue Jays and has also worked for the Angels, Braves, Expos and Indians. He interviewed for GM jobs in Pittsburgh and Seattle in the past. Here's my piece on LaCava for MLBTR's GM Candidates series.