Here are today's latest draft signings, with the most recent updates up top..
- The Mariners signed sixth-round pick Timmy Lopes for $550K, well over the pick value of $198K, according to Callis (via Twitter). The infielder out of California is said to have a good bat, not unlike his older brother Christian Lopes who was drafted by the Blue Jays last year. The M's also announced that they signed 26 others from this year's draft and have now inked 25 of their first 30 picks.
- The Mets signed third-rounder Matt Koch for $425K, slightly below his pick value of $445K, tweets Jim Callis of Baseball America. The right-hander has a 92-96 mph fastball and flashes good slider and changeup.
- The Royals signed fourth-round pick, Stanford infielder Kenny Diekroeger, tweets Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. Just one of Kansas City's top ten picks remain unsigned.
- The A’s announced that they agreed to terms with center fielder Herschel Powell (20th round), right-hander Lee Sosa (26th), shortstop Christopher Wolfe (30th), and first baseman John Wooten (37th).
- The Pirates announced that they signed eight draft picks, including infielder Eric Wood (sixth round). Pittsburgh has now inked nine draft picks in total and continues to negotiate with eighth-overall pick Mark Appel.