On this date in 1994, the Padres and Astros completed a 12-player trade. Ken Caminiti, Steve Finley, and four others went to San Diego in exchange for Derek Bell, Doug Brocail, Ricky Gutierrez, and three others. It was the fourth largest trade of the 20th century in terms of the number of players involved. Here's the latest from around the web…
- SF Giants Rumors interviewed former Giants closer Brian Wilson.
- Over The Monster says there's a problem with the Joel Hanrahan trade for Boston.
- Raise the Jolly Roger isn't blown away by what the Pirates received in the deal.
- Bucs Dugout says Mark Melancon was a good addition for the Pirates.
- Talkin' Sox with Dan wrote about Daniel Bard's role in the Hanrahan trade.
- River Ave. Blues thinks the Yankees could use a Hanrahan trade of their own.
- The Beanball says Hanrahan is not a closer.
- Wahoo's on First calls Nick Swisher a perfect fit for the Indians.
- Bless You Boys says the Tigers should wait for the right deal to trade Rick Porcello.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if the Rays will get back in the hunt for Justin Upton.
- Chicken Friars is glad the Padres have not traded prospect Jedd Gyorko.
- Pinstripe Pundits says Russell Martin will be an underrated loss for the Yankees.
- Blue Jays Plus thinks the Blue Jays will experience a defensive decline next season.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog looked at the top three remaining free agents.
- Rising Apple thinks Nyjer Morgan could be a fit for the Mets.
- MLB Reports wrote about the state of the Giants' roster.
- South Side Sox eulogized A.J. Pierzynski.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.