On this date in 1920, the secret deal made to sell Babe Ruth to the Yankees for $125K was announced publicly. Harry Frazee, the cash-strapped Red Sox owner, also got a $300K loan as part of the deal. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Beyond The Box Score wonders why Will Middlebrooks isn’t getting more interest.
- Camden Chat looks at A.J. Burnett as a possible fit for the Orioles.
- Baltimore Sports and Life talks economics.
- The Giants Cove explains the Mobius Strip Theory.
- Outside Pitch says free agency needs to be re-evaluated.
- MLB Reports wonders who the next great AL DH will be after David Ortiz.
- Inside The Zona looks at where crowdsourcing can go wrong.
- Baseball News Source compares Gerrit Cole and Danny Salazar.
- Reviewing The Brew takes a closer look at Khris Davis.
- Baseball Stooges discusses flaws in the arbitration process.
- Brats and Baseball wonders if Daric Barton can be a fit for the Brewers.
- 101 Baseball News applauds the Astros’ offseason.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.