On this date in 2004, the Rangers traded Alex Rodriguez along with cash to the Yankees in exchange for Alfonso Soriano and a player to be named later, Joaquin Arias. The trade came on the heels of the union killing the deal that would have sent A-Rod to Boston for Manny Ramirez. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Angels Win remembers Jim Fregosi.
- NPB Tracker looks at Japan’s independent leagues.
- Camden Depot peers into the Orioles’ future.
- Inside The Zona is less-than-thrilled with the D’Backs’ front office.
- Rays Colored Glasses sat down with Kevin Kiermaier.
- The Giants Cove breaks down the NL West.
- Replacement Level Red Sox is optimistic about Felix Doubront.
- Grading On The Curve is concerned about Archie Bradley.
- Baseball News Source wonders what the Dodgers should do with their outfielders.
- Outside Pitch plays trade matchmaker.
- MLB Reports looks at the A’s payroll.
- Players View talks Hanley Ramirez.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.