On this date in 2010, the much anticipated big league debut of Stephen Strasburg lived up to its hype. The 21-year-old struck out 14 Pirates batters in seven innings in the Nationals’ 5-2 victory in Washington, D.C. That strikeout tally set a new record for Washington that still stands today, not counting the Expos years. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus breaks down Edwin Encarnacion vs. James Shields.
- Inside The Zona ranks the D’Backs’ best trade assets.
- NL Theory turns in their 2014 spend allocation report.
- Camden Depot wonders if the O’s should trade a top prospect for Jeff Samardzija.
- Bucs Dugout looks at the Pirates’ unconventional start to the draft.
- World Series Dreaming looks at potential landing spots for Samardzija.
- The Baseball Stance says Kendrys Morales is a fit wth the Yankees.
- Pinstripe Pundits looks at Alfonso Soriano’s struggles.
- Call To The Pen gives a tip of the cap to Phil Hughes.
- Grading On The Curve wonders who the first star from the 2013 draft will be.
- Redleg Nation makes the case for Joey Votto batting first.
- Royals Blue runs down AL Rookie of the Year candidates.
- FanDuel looks at the prospects to pounce on in fantasy.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.