MLBTR is seeking a person for a data entry position. The job requires entering MLB transaction-related data into our database on a daily basis, as well as related quality control tasks. The job will generally require 10-15 minutes per day once you’re trained, but occasionally more. The timing of the data entry must be consistent: the previous day’s transactions must be fully entered by noon central time, seven days a week. Requirements for this data entry position:
- Consistent long-term availability to enter the previous day’s data by noon central time seven days a week. We would like someone who can stay in the position for more than a year, so if you anticipate your schedule changing and making it difficult to meet the requirements, please do not apply.
- Attention to detail. Data must be entered carefully and fully and double-checked for accuracy.
- Quality control. We want to ensure there are no errors or omissions in data from previous years, by checking against other sources.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker. If there are gray areas about certain transactions, we will expect you to inquire with the MLBTR team so we can resolve them. We will also be looking for suggestions on ensuring our data-related tools at MLBTR are useful, thorough, and timely.
- An understanding of the types of MLB transactions (DFA, extension, minor league signing, Major League signing, non-tender, waiver claim, etc.)
- The position pays $100 per month and starts as soon as possible. If you’re interested, please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and explaining why you are the best person for the job.