On this date in 1972, the Mets traded outfielder Ken Singleton and infielders Tim Foli and Mike Jorgensen to the Expos in exchange for 28-year old All-Star right fielder Rusty Staub, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. ’Le Grand Orange’ spent a good amount of the 1972 season on the DL, but he was a key player of the Mets’ pennant-winning team in 1973. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- The Point Of Pittsburgh figured out what it takes to win in the NL.
- Drunk Baseball looked at the Rays and the MLB salary cap.
- Camden Depot says Kevin Gausman should be in the Orioles’ rotation.
- Redbird Rants spoke with ESPN’s Karl Ravech about a wide range of Cardinals topics.
- Rays Colored Glasses discussed the Rays’ release of Andrew Toles.
- Inside The ’Zona explained how the Trevor Cahill trade changed the D’Backs’ plans.
- World Series Dreaming offered a few thoughts on the Kris Bryant situation.
- BASTA talked Justin Maxwell.
- Blue Jays Plus sees Mark Buehrle having a better 2015 season.
- Yankees Unscripted previewed the Bombers in 2015.
- Hardball To The Core explained a new stat.
- Baseball Hot Corner says Miguel Castro and Roberto Osuna can succeed this year.
- The Outside Corner gave us some dark horse Cy Young candidates.
- A’s Farm spoke to some top Oakland hitting prospects.
- Royals Blue is confident about KC in 2015.
- Rumbunter says Pedro Alvarez deserves a shot at batting cleanup.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.