On this date in 1998, Michael Bouton penned an open letter to the Yankees in the New York Times, asking the franchise to reconsider their ban on his father, Jim Bouton. As Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes, the Father’s Day letter worked when Bouton was welcomed back to Yankee Stadium the following month for Old Timers’ Day. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- A’s Farm spoke to A’s scouting director Eric Kubota about the team’s top draft picks.
- The Sports Esquires discussed Cody Asche and service time manipulation.
- Camden Depot delved into Wei-Yin Chen’s hot streak.
- BASTA says it’s time to confront the Giants’ rotation dilemma.
- Maniac Ball examined the climb back from Tommy John surgery.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if the Astros should start worrying.
- Nolan Writin looked at the Rangers’ left field situation.
- From Duke 2 Joc wants to see Bud Black in Los Angeles.
- World Series Dreaming gave their thoughts on draft strategy and managing risk.
- Blue Jays Plus is okay with Josh Donaldson not starting at the All-Star Game.
- Grading On The Curve pitted top prospects against each other.
- Marlin Maniac spoke with Miami draft choice Giovanny Alfonzo.
- Astros County brought us a heartfelt tribute on Father’s Day.
- Swingin’ A’s looked at what adding Dayan Viciedo means for Coco Crisp.
- Royals Blue says KC fans are lucky to have Ned Yost.
- Reviewing The Brew says Brewers draftee Cody Ponce could ascend quickly.
- Baseball Essential ponders Cole Hamels as a fit for the Orioles.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.