On this date in 2007, Tony La Russa became the winningest manager in franchise history when the Cardinals beat Cincinnati at Busch Stadium, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if Roberto Osuna can win the AL ROY.
- Camden Depot examined Kevin Gausman’s weak contact.
- Blue Jays Plus says Ryan Goins changed his approach to become a different hitter.
- Baseball Essential is in awe of Zack Greinke.
- A’s Farm looked at the prospects that could make a mark next year.
- Digg wonders if players can still hit after going gray.
- TPOP wouldn’t want to move the Pirates to another division.
- Rumbunter gave a tip of the cap to pitching coach Ray Searage.
- BASTA puts sentimentality aside to evaluate Matt Cain.
- Outfield Fly Rule looked at Julio Teheran’s two seasons.
- Outside Pitch discussed Shelby Miller’s frustrating streak.
- Royals Blue says Jeremy Guthrie gave his all in KC.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports ran down Jack Zduriencik’s best and worst trades with the M’s.
- Reviewing The Brew looked at Milwaukee’s September call-up candidates.
- Fueled By Sports wonders if the Mets are for real.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected]