Yet another collection of random recommended links…
- East Windup Chronicle discusses Chien-Ming Wang’s fame. I hadn’t realized he boycotted the Taiwanese press.
- RotoAuthority takes a look at Mets starters in its Danger Zone series. The feature is designed to identify starters whose innings have escalated by 30 or more this year.
- If the Dodgers don’t exercise his $1.4MM option for ’08, Mike Lieberthal will retire.
- ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick recently mentioned that if the Royals are sold on Joey Gathright in center field, they could shop David DeJesus this winter.
- Could you imagine the Dodgers with Clay Buchholz? L.A. scouting director Logan White wanted to use the 40th pick on him in the ’05 draft, but the Dodgers took Luke Hochevar instead (and failed to sign him).
- It will be the Padres or retirement for Greg Maddux next year. He’s a fine deal at one-year, $10MM. How has Mad Dog been so remarkably durable throughout his career? What’s his secret?
- Speaking of the over-40 crowd, Luis Gonzalez hopes to play two more seasons.