8:35pm: According to Jeff Passan, Furcal has been offered many three-year deals, but he wants a four-year contract. Furcal’s agent, Paul Kinzer confirmed that the Orioles, Braves, Giants, Cubs, Dodgers and A’s are interested, along with one unnamed "mystery" team.
1:30pm: MLB.com’s Mychael Urban talked to Kinzer, who said the A’s have examined Furcal’s medical records. Urban also says the A’s expressed interest in Jason Giambi.
9:40am: Rounding up the recent Rafael Furcal links…
- According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, the A’s are still pursuing free agent shortstop Furcal. They like that he’s not a Type A free agent and won’t cost them a draft pick.
- Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times wrote on Friday that the Dodgers "would like to bring back Furcal, although they appear more likely to sign Orlando Cabrera to a short-term deal." MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick said Furcal is the "lynchpin of the club’s infield plans" after talking to Joe Torre.
- Henry Schulman talked to Furcal’s agent Paul Kinzer yesterday, who said his client will not accept an incentive-based deal.
- The Cubs have talked to Kinzer about Furcal, but it’s "nothing serious" at this point.
- J.P. Ricciardi told MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian he’s not interested in Furcal.