Links for Thursday night:
- Nick Piecoro thinks the D’Backs could use Jon Garland to provide some solid innings, but their chances of acquiring him are much lower now that he’s rejected their offer.
- Yahoo’s Tim Brown passes along a bizarre Scott Boras quote: "Baseball markets are like breakfast." More specifically, Boras called this market "an Aunt Jemima market."
- Bud Selig talked economics with MLB owners and admitted that baseball’s not "recession proof."
- Ryan Howard leads an impressive class of players who filed for arbitration.
- Blue Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi hasn’t gone to an arbitration hearing yet, and MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian doesn’t expect that streak to end soon.
- Rob Neyer likes the depth in the Boston rotation, but he thinks the Mets still need another arm and maybe two.