A few links to start the morning off…
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star says the draft picks who ask for big bonuses aren't always the bad guys.
- The biggest bonus so far belongs to Tony Sanchez of the Pirates ($2.5MM). Check out our updated list of first rounders to sign.
- Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that Xavier Nady suffered a setback during his rehab assignment.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic shows how the D'Backs missed out on Ian Kinsler even though they drafted him twice.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggests we shouldn't expect Ian Snell to be dealt soon.
- SI.com's Tim Marchman calls Willy Taveras and Edgar Renteria this year's biggest free agent busts.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that the Red Sox are hesitant to deal a starter, since Tim Wakefield and John Smoltz are the only two starters over 40 in the AL.
- Definitely not a trade rumor, but WEEI.com's Rob Bradford reports that Smoltz received 71 text messages after his start last night.