Yesterday we learned that the Pirates are "pushing hard" to trade All Star second baseman Freddy Sanchez before this year's trade deadline, but nothing appears imminent right now. Here's the latest roundup of Sanchez rumors courtesy of Dejan Kovacevic of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Rob Biertempfel of The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, and Gordon Edes of Yahoo! Sports.
- Kovacevic says the Mariners and Twins remain interested in Sanchez.
- The Rockies' interest has cooled off of late, and they're now focused on acquiring bullpen help.
- Biertempfel adds a new team to the mix: Tampa Bay.
- Edes reports that a NL Central team is involved, and speculates that it could be the Cubs.
- Sanchez's $8MM vesting option based on plate appearances is an obstacle in any trade.