Saturday night (link) fever…
- Steve Melewski of MASNsports.com reports that Orioles director of international scouting John Stockstill met with representatives for Miguel Angel Sano in recent days. "We certainly expressed an interest in him becoming a Baltimore Oriole," Stockstill said.
- After speaking with president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest, Clark Spencer of The Miami Herald says that the Marlins are definitely not sellers as the trade deadline approaches.
- Former O's GM Jim Beattie was on 96.3 The Big Jab in Portland, ME earlier today, and told a story about a deal that would have sent A.J. Burnett and Mike Lowell to Baltimore at the 2005 trade deadline had it not been shot down by owner Peter Angelos.
- MLBTR's own Ben Nicholson-Smith was on the same station earlier today talking trade deadline. Give it a listen.
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times says that if the Mariners get a really good offer for Erik Bedard, Jarrod Washburn, or Russell Branyan, they should take it considering the team's recent swoon.
- Tyler Hissey at Around The Majors wrote about some of the Reds' deadline options.
- With the deadline now less than a week away, make sure you follow MLBTR on Twitter to get your updates even faster.