A few more items for Wednesday evening…
- Chad Jennings of The Journal News thinks the Yankees ought to at least call Toronto about right-handed ace Roy Halladay. "I have no idea what the asking price might be," writes Jennings, "but Halladay is better than [John] Lackey and he’ll surely cost fewer prospects than Felix Hernandez."
- As noted by the Boston Globe's Nick Carfado, MLB executive vice president Rob Manfred said Wednesday the revenue sharing figures thrown out by agent Scott Boras during last week's GM meetings "have no basis in reality" and that Boras is living in a "fantasy land."
- According to Ryo Shinkawa of , right-hander Ryota Igarashi and left-hander Hisanori Takahashi filed for international free agency on Wednesday.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star expects Zack Greinke to move on once his contract with the Royals is through. "The good news is that the team has Greinke under contract three more years," writes Mellinger. "The bad news is they have a lot of improving to do in that time."
- Joe Strauss and Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch took to the radio Wednesday afternoon with a few opinions on the Cardinals' offseason plans. Both feel Matt Holliday is only an average defender and that the Cardinals could be looking to add starting pitching via trade this offseason.