Links for Sunday..
- Returning to a former team is nothing new for Russell Branyan, writes JR Radcliffe for MLB.com.
- Eric Wedge had a great interview with the O's, tweets Jon Heyman of SI.
- Bob McManaman of The Arizona Republic writes that D'Backs manager A.J. Hinch doesn't want his players to worry about being dealt.
- Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez was sorry to see skipper Fredi Gonzalez go, writes Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald.
- Andy MacPhail said that the O's "gambled" and lost when they gave Garrett Atkins a one-year, $4.5MM deal, writes Dan Connolly of The Baltimore Sun.
- Carlos Gomez hopes that he can live up to the expectations the Brewers had for him when they acquired him from the Twins, writes MLB.com's Jordan Schelling.
- Former Oriole and current MASN broadcaster Rick Dempsey isn't sure if his upcoming meeting with O's GM Andy MacPhail can be considered an official interview for the managerial position, writes Britt Ghiroli of MLB.com.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer doesn't envision a club taking Jhonny Peralta at the trade deadline.
- Cubs GM Jim Hendry stands by his investment in Carlos Zambrano, writes the Daily Herald's Bruce Miles. Hendry gave the hurler a five-year, $91.5MM extension in 2007.