On this date in 1992, Tom Seaver was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame along with Rollie Fingers. Seaver received 425 of 430 votes (98.8%), still the highest percentage in baseball history. Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar joined the pair in Cooperstown earlier this week. Congrats to both.
Here is this week's batch of links from around the web…
- Baseball Time in Arlington writes about the impact Adrian Beltre will have on the Rangers.
- Pine Tar And Pocket Protectors also discusses what Beltre brings to Texas.
- Monkey with a Halo has some options for the Angels now that Beltre is off the board.
- The Sports Banter asks if there's something wrong with Anaheim.
- True Grich is still waiting for the Halos to get to work this offseason.
- Purple Row breaks down the Carlos Gonzalez contract extension.
- Capitol Avenue Club does the same for the Dan Uggla contract extension.
- Talking Chop, meanwhile, calls the deal an overreaction on Atlanta's part.
- True Blue LA looks at a pair of arbitration-eligible Dodgers, Hong-Chih Kuo and James Loney (Kuo, Loney).
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness asks if the Dodgers should be looking for a lefty reliever.
- Feeling Dodger Blue believes the Dodgers are still missing one piece.
- Prospect Insider looks ahead to next year's version of Zack Greinke.
- The Process Report talks about Matt Garza and the endowment effect.
- Camden Crazies isn't thrilled about the Kevin Gregg signing.
- We Should Be GMs tries to figure out where the Phillies can trade Joe Blanton.
- Friarhood says Brad Hawpe brings stability to the middle of the Padres' lineup.
- Examiner wonders if Edwin Jackson's success with the White Sox is sustainable.
- Beyond The Box Score breaks down the Mets' options at second base.
- Some Thoughts On Baseball is curious to know who will serve as the Blue Jays' fifth starter.
- The Biz of Baseball explains why Kevin Brown's contract with the Dodgers shouldn't be mystifying.
- Blogging From The Bleachers projects each team's 2011 starting rotation (part one, part two).
- MLB Depth Charts debuted their position battles tracker.
- THT Fantasy introduces the next generation of WHIP.
- SB Nation compiled the best animated sports .gifs of 2010.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here.