Some links as Saturday night turns into Sunday morning…
- The Angels have hired Rangers director of player development Scott Servais to be their assistant GM, reports Mike DiGiovanna of The Los Angeles Times (on Twitter). MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan first reported that Servais appeared to be leaving Texas. GM Jon Daniels declined to speculate about Servais' replacement, according to Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthwest.com (on Twitter).
- Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers will have more money to work with in 2012, managing partner Ken Kendrick told Jack Magruder of FOXSportsArizona.com (Twitter link). The D'Backs won the NL West with payroll of about $55MM this past season.
- The Cubs have hired Joe Bohringer to be their pro scouting director, reports Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago. Bohringer had been working as a scout for the Diamondbacks since 2006.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports makes a case for the cash-strapped Dodgers to sign Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder.
- Richard Justice of The Houston Chronicle wonders if Jim Crane would take his time making front office changes once his purchase of the Astros is official.
- The Brewers have hired Rangers pitching instructor Andy Pratt as a pro scout, reports Jeff Wilson of The Star Telegram (on Twitter).