We’re looking to add to the MLB Trade Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 MLB teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts such as arbitration and free agent compensation.
- Availability to regularly work evenings and weekends, sometimes on short notice. Holiday availability is a big plus.
- Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
- Journalistic experience writing and reporting is also a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news concisely.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism. In general, a team player.
- Ability to use Twitter and an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. You must be able to multi-task.
- If you're interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain how you stand out in a couple of short paragraphs. Hundreds will apply, so we will not be able to respond to most applications.