On this date in 2001, the two Texas teams played one another during the regular season for the first time in major league history. The Astros beat the Rangers, 5-4, in the first game of the Lone Star Series played in Arlington, Texas. These days, it's a little less rare as the two teams are divisional rivals. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere.
- Kings Of Kauffman examines the Royals' defense and its impact on the pitching.
- Marlin Maniac spoke with Miami prospect Anthony DeSclafani.
- Guy Speed looks into how much luck helps in baseball with the help of Rick Peterson.
- Start Spreadin' The News talks Biogenesis and its implications for the Yankees.
- Blogging Mets suggests Andre Ethier for the orange and blue.
- A's Farm helps you get acquainted with Oakland's top three picks.
- Baseball Stooges says the Phillies must walk more.
- MLB Reports wonders how good the Diamondbacks' rotation can become.
- Replacement Level Red Sox breaks down Daniel Nava's hot and cold streaks.
- I R Fast discusses Henry Rodriguez.
- MLB Injury News asks if more can be done to prevent head injuries.
- AL Eastbound & Down goes hypothetical.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.