A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Steve Adams sees the value of a four-year contract extension for Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy being dependent on whether it’s reached before or after setting his final arbitration salary: $45-48MM before or $48-52MM after.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report the Padres were adding Cuban right-hander Odrisamer Despaigne to their 25-man-roster.
- Brad Johnson asked MLBTR readers who will be the first starting pitcher traded. Nearly 31% of you see the Cubs dealing Jason Hammel before his teammate Jeff Samardzija (17%) and before the Rays part with David Price (24%).
- Steve hosted this week’s chat.
- Zach Links compiled the latest edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.