On this date in 1988, Steve Sax signed a three-year deal as a free agent with the Yankees, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. The former NL Rookie of the year replaced Willie Randolph at second base and Randolph went on to sign with the World Champion Dodgers, replacing Sax. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The Zona has an offseason plan for the D’Backs.
- Beisbol’s Org says shopping Justin Upton makes sense.
- Angels Win previews the Halos’ offseason.
- Nats GM has some ideas for upgrading Washington’s offense.
- Ian Thomas Malone wonders if the qualifying offer is working.
- The First Out At Third expects Carlos Gomez to continue to improve.
- Blue Jays Plus looks at how J.A. Happ affects Marco Estrada.
- Maniac Ball looks at some possible pitching targets for the Angels.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.