On this date in 2010, the Red Sox and Bobby Jenks agreed to a two-year, $12MM deal. Jenks was brought in to be a top notch setup man for Jonathan Papelbon, but health troubles ultimately derailed that plan – he made 19 appearances for Boston in 2011 and that was all for him. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus broke down Toronto’s payroll.
- Camden Depot is hoping Colby Rasmus can be the new Nelson Cruz.
- Inside The ’Zona says the D’Backs’ rotation has a long way to go.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if the Red Sox could sign Max Scherzer.
- Baseball News Source looks at the Yankees’ future-minded moves.
- Baseball Essential has some thoughts on Giancarlo Stanton’s deal.
- Seattle Sports Insider weighs in on Justin Ruggiano.
- Beisbol’s Org breaks down the Justin Upton deal.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.