On this date in 2005, the Pirates hired Jim Tracy as manager to replace the recently-fired Lloyd McClendon, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Of course, it was just days ago that McClendon was dismissed from his most recetn job with the Mariners.
Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Redbird Rants interviewed Cardinals Hall of Famer Bob Gibson.
- Fueled By Sports has some ideas to remake the Padres again.
- Legends On Deck asks if Michael Fulmer is an elite pitching prospect.
- Blue Jays Plus spoke with former World Series hero Ed Sprague.
- Camden Depot explained how horizontal trajectory affects BABIP.
- Yankees Unscripted says the Bombers misused Adam Warren.
- Inside The ’Zona discussed Archie Bradley.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports wrote about what new M’s GM Jerry Dipoto’s first priorities should be.
- Pinstriped Prospects ran down the farm hands that debuted for the Bombers.
- A’s Farm broke down Oakland’s contingent in the AFL.
- Outside Pitch discussed the importance of Yoenis Cespedes.
- Notes From The Sally scouted Ozzie Albies.
- When Sid Slid looked at the pros and cons of Atlanta’s strong finish.
- Baseball Hot Corner talked Jake Arrieta.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.