A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- A run at the likes of David Price or Zack Greinke would be uncharacteristic for the Twins and they should instead focus on repairing their dismal bullpen, Steve Adams writes. Minnesota relievers combined for a 3.95 ERA that ranked 21st in baseball and averaged a league-worst 6.9 K/9. In terms of FIP, xFIP and SIERA, the Twins’ bullpen ranked 24th, 28th and 27th, respectively.
- Expect plenty of action from the White Sox this winter, Tim Dierkes writes.
- Jeff Todd believes that the Rockies should lock up Nolan Arenado on an extension this winter. He also suggests that trading Carlos Gonzalez could help bolster Colorado’s pitching.
- New Brewers GM David Stearns should not deviate too much from the team’s previous plan of action, Charlie Wilmoth writes. Stearns doesn’t have a wealth of tremendous stockpile of quality trade chips anyway, so it’s probably best for him to focus on what he has in-house for the time being.
- The Reds might not have seen themselves as world-beaters in 2015, but they didn’t expect things to go quite this poorly either, Charlie writes. Charlie offers up some ideas for how the Reds can turn things around in 2016 and beyond.
Earlier today we rounded up the best from the baseball blogosphere in our weekly feature, Baseball Blogs Weigh In
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account:@TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing conversation-inspiring images about the hottest topics in baseball. From there, we invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section, and even share the link with a friend. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instagram account, this is the perfect excuse to sign up and get one. Follow us on Instagram today!
- If you missed out on our two MLBTR chats from this past week, you can get caught up with the transcripts here and here.