Here are some notable American League international signings not yet covered elsewhere on MLB Trade Rumors. All signing information can be found in these invaluable compilations of the initial flurry of July 2 action from Baseball America’s Ben Badler and MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez; the information here is from those sources unless otherwise credited…
- The Yankees have agreed to sign Venezuelan outfielder Everson Pereira and shortstop Roberto Chirinos. Pereira will receive a $1.5MM bonus, while Chirinos gets $900K. The Yankees are also seen as the favorites to sign Dominican shortstop Ronny Rojas, with Sanchez projecting a $1.05MM bonus. Badler tweets that Rojas isn’t eligible to officially sign until August, when he turns 16 years old.
- The Blue Jays have reached agreement with Brazilian right-hander Eric Pardinho on a $1.4MM bonus, as well as signing Dominican shortstop Miguel Hiraldo to a $750K deal.
- The Tigers agreed to sign Venezuelan shortstop Alvaro Gonzalez for a $1MM bonus.
- The Indians have reached deals with Venezuelan shortstop Aaron Bracho ($1.5MM) and Dominican outfielder George Valera ($1.3MM according to Sanchez, $1.2MM according to Badler).
- The Angels signed Bahamanian outfielder Trent Deveaux, with Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reporting that Deveaux will receive a $1.2MM bonus.
- The Mariners have a $1.75MM agreement with Dominican outfielder Julio Rodriguez, as well as a $1.225MM agreement with Venezuelan shortstop Juan Querecuto.
- The Rangers agreed to nine-figure deals with a trio of prospects. Venezuelan outfielder Wilderd Patino will receive a $1.3MM bonus, while Venezuelan shortstop Keyber Rodriguez and Mexican right-hander Damian Mendoza each get bonuses worth $1MM.
I know it’s already been MLBTR-covered but you should add the Red Sox signings to this article.
The Rangers are giving 16 yo kids $100 million!?! I think that should read 7 figure deals.
It says nine figure deals.
Ha, and with tax penalties its at least $200 million! Those must be some good prospects.
add the 2 decimal points
The Angels signed someone? Wonders never cease.
RyÅn W Krol
There are more signings just not announced. Farm system could get much better real quick.
These kids will be in their local leagues another year or two, three until you see them climbing A to AA and onward/upward
Yo hammer head, if they sign for that much cake, they will go the rookie ball
Angels need a quick improvement to their minor league system. I go to games of their High-A team, and it’s been rough for awhile now.
Are we now in 2nd grade with the childish name calling? Th se kids that are this young will stay behind in their counties playing their local leagues and team academies. Even the high draft picks will start slow, rookie ball to low single A ball next year, years from
Being in AA and on the radar.