This week in baseball blogs:
- Bronx Bomber Ball names five reasons the Yankees are the immediate winners in their Sonny Gray trade with the Athletics.
- Underthought opines that the Diamondbacks made the best trade of the deadline when they acquired outfielder J.D. Martinez from the Tigers.
- The Point of Pittsburgh believes the Pirates and general manager Neal Huntington should part ways after the season.
- The Giants Cove criticizes San Francisco for how it handled the deadline.
- The Runner Sports reacts to the Astros’ quiet deadline.
- A’s Farm (links: 1, 2, 3) talks with Athletics right-hander Jesse Hahn, first base prospect Matt Olson and Triple-A manager Ryan Christenson.
- TheIntrepidSTL questions the way the Cardinals construct their roster.
- District On Deck looks at five starters the Nationals could target via waivers.
- The Sports Tank focuses on the Red Sox’s acquisition of reliever Addison Reed from the Mets.
- Jays Journal observes that Toronto right fielder Jose Bautista’s tenure with the franchise is on the verge of ending.
- Clubhouse Corner interviews shortstop prospect Kevin Merrell, whom the Athletics chose 33rd overall in this year’s draft.
- DiNardo’s Dugout (podcast) reflects on the deadline.
- Atlanta Baseball Talk (podcast) discusses Dansby Swanson’s demotion and the Braves’ Jaime Garcia trade.
- BP Toronto analyzes Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman.
- Mets Mind writes about outfielder Jay Bruce, whom the team was unable to trade at the deadline.
- Big Three Sports shares a midseason top 100 prospects list.
- Notes From The Sally ranks the best prospects the Single-A South Atlantic League has seen over the past two seasons.
- Minor League Ball scouts Braves outfield prospect Cristian Pache.
- The Runner Sports suggests that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has built a World Series-winning roster for 2019.
- Pirates Breakdown notes that the Bucs are being aggressive with high-end pitching prospect Mitch Keller.
- Call to the Pen looks at where the Phillies stand in the wake of their July trades.
- Jays From the Couch examines Toronto righty Marco Estrada’s case for a contract extension.
- Mets Daddy lists five players the team needs to evaluate for the rest of the season.
Extra Innings speaks with former major league slugger Shawn Green about the World Baseball Classic and MLB International.
- Now On Deck constructs a dream team consisting of those who have been inducted to the Baseball Hall of Fame since 2000.
- Elite Sports NY checks in on some up-and-coming Yankees prospects.
- RSN Stats sees this as a big weekend for the Red Sox.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com