This week in baseball blogs…
- The First Out At Third compares the NL MVP cases of Christian Yelich and Javier Baez.
- Good Fundies regards Jacob deGrom as a legitimate NL MVP candidate.
- Rotisserie Duck takes a look at some of the top MVP candidates in both leagues.
- Foul Territory wonders if the Yankees would have been better off trading for Yelich than Giancarlo Stanton last winter.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed proposes five blockbuster offseason trades.
- Rising Apple names a potential Mets trade target from every team.
- Chin Music Baseball delves into Chris Davis’ horrific season.
- Call to the Pen looks ahead to potential offensive changes for the 2019 Phillies.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at who would be the Pirates’ Cy Young winner by various metrics.
- Rox Pile spotlights Rockies breakout reliever Scott Oberg.
- Friars On Base believes Hunter Renfroe has done enough to earn a spot on next year’s Padres.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses topics including Aaron Judge’s future career prospects and why Lou Brock may be a less deserving Hall of Famer than Jim Rice.
- Jays From the Couch doesn’t expect a “stupid” offseason from the team’s front office.
- Mets Daddy wants the club to keep Wilmer Flores.
- The K Zone argues that America’s changing culture influences how baseball is played.
- Outfield Fly Rule doles out minor league awards for the Braves.
- Pinstriped Prospects names five minor league Yankees pitchers who turned in underrated performances in 2018.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) has a piece on the Astros’ new Triple-A affiliate, and ranks the Twins’ 2018 walk-off losses.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com