Here’s a look at the latest column from Ken Rosenthal.
- Rosenthal puts odds for various teams to sign C.C. Sabathia, with the Yankees, Angels and Red Sox on top.
- Rosenthal wonders whether the White Sox will consider trading Jermaine Dye for a starting pitcher, moving Carlos Quentin to right field, and acquiring an athletic center fielder somehow. The goal would be a more athletic club. The Sox will also look to add a second baseman, moving Alexei Ramirez to shortstop. I’m not sure if something as long-term as Orlando Hudson makes sense, though.
- The Pirates wouldn’t trade Nate McLouth for Robinson Cano, and won’t trade McLouth at all unless some team overpays.
- If the Orioles don’t reach an extension with Brian Roberts, he’ll go on the trading block.
- Rosenthal sees Brian Fuentes asking for Brad Lidge-type money, three years and at least $37.5MM. Pretty steep, but still half of K-Rod’s price.
- The Rangers "made a big offer" for Zack Greinke in July, and the Braves are also fans. But the Royals will need to be bowled over to move him.