Links for Thursday…
- RotoAuthority looks at possible injury risk young starters for 2009, by way of the Verducci Effect.
- Anthony Castrovince says the Indians looked at Mark Mulder, Kris Benson, Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon before signing Carl Pavano. The Tribe’s rotation appears set. The article also outlines Pavano’s incentives, which kick in at 18 starts.
- A reminder: for the past month or so we’ve had a Top Stories section in the righthand sidebar. If you’re looking to find the biggest hot stove news of the past few days quickly, look there first.
- I did a Q&A with 3:10 To Joba.
- Ben Shpigel tries to quantify how slow this offseason has been.
- Susan Slusser has a few details on Jason Giambi’s contract. Jon Heyman confirms Slusser’s earlier comment that the A’s are considering Orlando Cabrera.
- Bill Plaschke says the Dodgers are "playing the Manny Ramirez game perfectly." McCovey Chronicles liveblogs that game from the Giants’ side.
- Jason Beck looks at the dwindling closer options for the Tigers.