A few links for a night that has, so far, been a tad less exciting than the one previous in our realm. Congrats to Randy Johnson on his big day.
- Joe Frisaro at MLB.com confirms the discussions between the Braves and Marlins regarding Cody Ross, saying the Marlins were looking to dip into the Braves' pitching depth.
- Mark Bowman reports that the decision to cut Tom Glavine was based "solely on performance" and not for financial reasons.
- RotoAuthority examines the fantasy aspects of the three big weekend callups in Gordon Beckham, Tommy Hanson and Andrew McCutchen.
- The Marlins promoted their 2007 second-round pick, the other Michael Stanton, to Double-A Jacksonville, according to the Miami Herald. The outfielder posted a .968 OPS for High-A Jupiter.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs examines the Pirates' haul in the Nate McLouth deal and doesn't think it was enough.
- Geoff Baker at the Seattle Times makes an interesting comparison between Adam Jones and Franklin Gutierrez.