Plenty to absorb this morning, baseball fans:
- The Red Sox have asked the Braves for medical records of free agent relievers Mike Gonzalez and Rafael Soriano, according to George King of the New York Post. WEEI.com also notes that catcher George Kottaras has been released.
- Chan Ho Park wants to be a starter, while the Phillies, most other teams, and the results on the field see him as a reliever. Todd Zolecki also writes about why he's not surprised that the Phillies are considered by many to be the front runners to land Mark DeRosa.
- DRaysBay.com evaluates whether the Rays should trade Carlos Pena.
- Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic estimates that the Diamondbacks have about $14MM to spend this winter.
- Ken Rosenthal reports that the Mets have hired Dave Jauss as bench coach.
- Kelly Thesier of MLB.com looks at the minor league free agents from the Twins.