Here's a list of the players who have avoided arbitration so far today, with more names sure to stream in:
- The Mets and John Maine have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year deal worth $3.3MM, plus incentives.
- MLB.com's Brian McTaggart reports that the Astros have agreed to deals with Chris Sampson and Jeff Keppinger for 2010, avoiding arbitration. Sampson gets $815K, Keppinger $1.15M.
- The Rangers and Dustin Nippert have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year deal worth $650K according to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. The righty was eligible for arbitration for the first time after earning $412K in 2009.
- The D'Backs and Miguel Montero are close to agreeing on a $2MM salary for the coming season, tweets Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. The sides have agreed to a deal, according to The Sports Network (via the Miami Herald).
- The Rangers agreed to pay Brandon McCarthy $1.32MM this year.
- The Dodgers agreed to a two-year deal with Matt Kemp. The center fielder will earn a total of $10.95MM over the course of the next two seasons.
- The Dodgers agreed to pay Chad Billingsley $3.85MM this year.
- The D'Backs and Conor Jackson agreed on a $3.1MM salary for the coming season.
- The Padres and Heath Bell agreed on a $4MM salary.
not a bad start.
Lock up Lincecum before arbi!
Heath Bell for only 4 million, better believe at the trade deadline playoff contending teams will be banging down the door for a top closer like Bell at that price!
That’s a nice contract-and a fair one-for Matt Kemp. In fact, I think all of those contracts mentioned seem pretty fair-for both sides.
Jose Luis Hernandez
what is the deadline for avoiding arbitration??
Any time before the arbitration hearing.