Links from the NL East, as the Marlins declare that Josh Johnson is ready for the season…
- After some confusion, Luis Castillo arrived in Phillies camp, according to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post de-bunks the notion that the Mets could have built up trade value for Castillo instead of releasing him.
- Mets exec Paul DePodesta said in a chat at Baseball Prospectus that he likes to be aggressive in the draft and take occasional "shots where it's appropriate." However, DePodesta cautioned that it's possible to overspend on amateurs, since there is a finite number of future big leaguers out there (hat tip MetsBlog).
- Joe Pawlikowski of FanGraphs predicts that the Braves will get something in exchange for Kenshin Kawakami, even if they have to eat some of his $6.67MM salary.
- For the latest on the Nationals, click here.
Good to see Castillo keeping up the good work.
Jays All The Way
That’s good debunkment considering the fact that I don’t think anyone would trade for Castillo even if he did better, the mets would have needed to take on 90% of his contract to even have some consideration. That is if they are trying to trade to any GM other than Tony Reagins