A roundup of NL East-centric links for those who are so inclined…
- Steve Popper of NorthJersey.com writes that it's time for the Mets to begin dealing, as pieces like Jose Reyes, and especially Carlos Beltran, can only lose value from here.
- Bobby Valentine and Ozzie Guillen top Marlins' owner Jeffery Loria's list of preferred managerial candidates, according to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post.
- As the Phillies and Red Sox get set to square off this week, the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo takes a look at some of the high points (rotation, bullpen) and low points (right-handed hitting, plate discipline) for the Phillies. He names Josh Willingham and Beltran as logical targets for the Phils this July, though notes that their payroll constraints may not allow it.
- Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post says (via Twitter) that he believes Davey Johnson will be managing the Nationals in 2012.
- MLB.com's Bill Ladson tweets that former bench coach and current interim manager John McLaren will be a scout for the Nationals after Johnson takes over. Today is McLaren's last game in uniform.