MLBTR has updated lists of which first and supplemental first round picks have agreed to terms. Here are the latest notable draft signings from the second round and beyond…
- The Dodgers have agreed to terms with sixth round selection Joey Curletta for $172K, MLBTR has learned. Curletta has impressive right-handed power and a strong throwing arm, but he's a slow runner, according to Baseball America.
- The Reds signed fifth rounder Mason Felt to an over-slot deal worth $318K, Jim Callis of Baseball America reports (on Twitter). The high school left-hander has the potential for a plus fastball and curve. The Reds signed a number of other selections, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
- The Tigers have signed third rounder Austin Schotts for $389K, Callis tweets. The high school shortstop has very good speed and some power, according to Callis.
- The Rangers signed second round pick Nick Williams for $500K, Callis tweets. Williams, a high school outfielder, has great tools despite his inconsistent spring performance, according to Callis.
- The Rangers signed another second round pick, Jamie Jarmon, for $602K, Callis tweets. NFL teams were interested in the athletic high school outfielder.
Surprised the Dodgers signed H.S. prospects 1B/OF Joey Curletta and RHP Zack Bird. More surprised about Bird, but definitely happy they got both.