Six years ago today, the Nationals and Reds swung an eight-player trade that sent Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, and Ryan Wagner to Washington in exchange for Bill Bray, Daryl Thompson, Gary Majewski, Brendan Harris, and Royce Clayton. The Reds later filed a grievance claiming Majewski was "damaged goods" due to a shoulder injury, but it was eventually dropped. Here are this week's links…
- Royals Review interviewed former Royal Jose Bautista.
- Burning Down the Yard mused about the Orioles and Zack Greinke.
- Baseball Time In Arlington wrote about the Rangers and Cole Hamels.
- Dodgers Rumors wonders if the Dodgers can bring Hamels to LA.
- Pirates Prospects explains why they wouldn't trade for Justin Upton.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog lists some potential destinations for Upton.
- Yanks Go Yard dreams of Upton on the Yankees.
- Yankees Fans Unite wrote about a potential Yanks-Melky Cabrera reunion.
- Redleg Nation prefers Shane Victorino to Juan Pierre for the Reds.
- Dodgers Nation wrote about the Dodgers and Victorino.
- Capitol Avenue Club says the Braves should trade for Brendan Ryan.
- Rising Apple lists five pitchers the Mets could trade for to replace Dillon Gee.
- BoSox Injection lists some rotation options for the Red Sox.
- Sports of Boston thinks the Red Sox should sell at the deadline.
- Baseball News Source listed five offseason moves that haven't worked out.
- MLB Reports wrote about the future of the Oakland Athletics.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.